Cyclone Movies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Movies

Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something Borrowed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deptfng

deptfng

Something Borrowed Empty
PostSubject: Something Borrowed   Something Borrowed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:17 am

This movie was a soap opera (or novella for some folks) on steroids. John Krasinski (from The Office) was awesome and carried the humorous entertainment for the full-term, while Kate Hudson and the true soap star, Colin Egglesfield, were traditionally sub-par.

The movie had more relationships than appropriate. We are used to films where someone is a '3rd wheel' or maybe a '5th wheel' if there are two couples, but "Something Borrowed" had so many status issues it was nearly an '18 wheeler' driving through the evening's screening. It was like watching a dog chase it's tail around and around. You confused reading this yet - try watching the movie.

As for the writing, anytime a movie has the key question and turning point of a movie come down to a question of circumcision, you know there were problems with writing the film. That's right, never before have i experienced this in a movie, until now.

The movie is a love story(ies) for almost two hours. Some very funny moments, yes. Some soap opera moments, too many. Go see the screening May 2nd, and call it good. That should be about enough. This movie borrowed hours of my time, and I know i am not getting them back. Don't be a victim like me. Something Borrowed will pull 2 out of 5 Cyclones.

-Jeremy Brickner

CycloneMovies.com
Back to top Go down

Something Borrowed
Page 1 of 1