Cyclone Movies

Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
calcitizen

PostSubject: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Screening   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Tonight's screening of Battle for LA was a nightmare for the following reasons:

1) Two fights nearly happened because of line jumpers. There was this woman (early 20s, glasses, dirty blond hair, about 5'5, 120 pounds) who came with her parents and she called ALL her friends about 5-7 of them to cut in line. This person had ZERO respect for all the people in line that were there for nearly 3 hours. She was so defensive that when a seasoned Cyclone member talked with her that there were people that were standing in line for nearly 3 hours, she said "I DON'T CARE" and she kept on calling ALL her buddies who just arrived to cut. When another seasoned Cyclone member tried to interject, she tried to hit him! This thug should have been immediately kick out of line along with all her gang!

2) Several complaints were filed with the theater manager.

3) The line inside quadripled because of people cutting.

4) A few of the people standing in line who were very upset due to line jumpers threatened to call the Fire Marshall.

5) The theater manager called security when the girl above was causing a scene.

Allen/John...(Cyclone Admin) please STRONGLY consider making serious changes of problematic line jumpers. The manager of the theater was very upset of the problems these line jumpers were causing that he wants to stop future screenings in ALL their facilities.

Last edited by calcitizen on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
one2trek

PostSubject: Re: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree   Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 pm

WOW! Most of us were unaware of this because we were standing in line outside, around the corner!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TahoeJoe

PostSubject: Re: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree   Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:47 am

I have been going to these preview screenings for over 10 years. I can say without hesitation that these screenings are getting worse and worse. The are run by people who are either incompetent, inept, and/or sadistic. (I'm talking little Rick and company, not Johnathan). They delight in having people wait for HOURS and HOURS in the cold, or the rain, or 100 degree heat just to get a ticket. This is sick and wrong. Naturally people need to move their car, get food, go to the bathroom, or escape the brutal elements for a few minutes and this causes all sorts of problems.

It didn't used to be like this. In the past they would distribute actual theater tickets (not GoFo Bo passes) the day before the screening. They then switched to noon on the day of show, then to 5:00pm. Now it is whenever some demagogue decides he or she feels like passing out the actual tickets. This is ridiculous, inefficient, and inhumane. Most people in line are not waiting for hours to get a good seat, they are waiting to get a ticket. I would respectfully request the theaters be allow distribute the tickets at noon day of show. I can guarantee that people will NOT be lining up at 7:00am waiting for the box-office to open. People will come through out the day, pick up tickets then go about there business. This system worked well in the past and will again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cleanzone

PostSubject: Such incidents will eventually lead to someone getting hurt, injured or even killed.   Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 am

There are really no rules for people to follow. Without rules to follow, those who can abuse the system WILL do it. It was evident during the Battle LA screening. Majority of the line jumpers are NEW and they seriously did not give a damn!

Cyclone admin should send out a broadcast email to all its members to remind them to be courteous to one another and STOP LINE JUMPING!!!

Changes to the line system needs to be reviewed. Why not use the numbering system? Better yet, let the people inside the theater sooner. That way they will also buy popcorn, drinks, snacks and its a win-win for the theater and Cyclone members. This will curved line jumpers for sure!!!

Since a manager of theater is very upset with all the line jumpers (because security had to be called in too and threat of Fire Marshall shutting down the entire screening event) and threatening to stop usage of the movie facilities, it's up to Cyclone admin to handle this serious issue and put a stop to it before movie theaters no longer want to host screenings.

The NEW members who were definitely wanting to cause a fight is very serious. Such incidents will eventually lead to someone getting hurt, injured or even killed.

Email the manager at Cinemark to put a STOP to line jumpers: www.cinemark.com/contact-us.aspx

Email the manager at Regal:
http://www.regmovies.com/corporate/contactus.aspx

CALL the Sacramento Fire Marshall to clear out the line: 916-445-8200

Last edited by cleanzone on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TeaBoy1748

PostSubject: Re: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:18 pm

I thought cyclone admin are just Marketing street teams they can't do anything about the line system..
I think its the theater that control the line system.
I didn't see any cyclone admin at the downtown screening also.

I believe these movies screening are only rented out for certain times.
So while we wait outside they are still selling tickets to whatever show that is being played.
Unless the Movie Screener company rent out 5-6 Hour for a 1 hour movie which is quite expensive For a screening since they are not making any money from it either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:36 pm

TeaBoy1748 wrote:
I thought cyclone admin are just Marketing street teams they can't do anything about the line system..
I think its the theater that control the line system.
I didn't see any cyclone admin at the downtown screening also.

I believe these movies screening are only rented out for certain times.
So while we wait outside they are still selling tickets to whatever show that is being played.
Unless the Movie Screener company rent out 5-6 Hour for a 1 hour movie which is quite expensive For a screening since they are not making any money from it either.

Cyclone Reps were at the Battle LA screening that night. And yes, it is up to the movie screener and theatre to control the lines; Cyclone is merely one of the promoters just like the radio stations. Also, these screenings are actually bought out by the movie companies such as Paramount, Warner Bros. etc.. And yes these are expensive.

When i held a private screening of Megamind at the IMAX it cost $3,500.

In the end, the company makes money because if you enjoyed the movie; you will probably go tell 3 or 4 friends to go watch it and that will be profit for the company. Especially when you get a free shirt, then you are like a walking billboard hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger_w

PostSubject: Re: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree   Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:02 am

Too many passes are being given out. I would think that about 10% over the seating capacity of the theater for that nights screening would be plenty. For the Battle of LA at least 100 people were not admitted, that is way too many.

If the theater holds 300 people then issue 330 passes and that's it.
Last, the lawn chair crowd constantly lets people cut in line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cleanzone

PostSubject: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree   Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:08 am

The line for Lincoln Lawyer was very organized last night.

Thanks to ALL those that emailed the theater because it did make a difference. The theater also slashed the line inside and prevented line cutting.

The tickets were handed out to those people that are ACTUALLY in line. If you were not in line, you get no ticket. One pass=ONE ticket per person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree   

Back to top Go down

Line Jumpers Nearly Caused A Fight At Tonight's Battle Scree
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1