HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Battle: LA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deptfng

PostSubject: Battle: LA   Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Yes, aliens. Aliens invading Los Angeles and 12 major cities simultaneously around the world. This is a sci-fi action film for the entire span of the film.

There is mass hysteria and quick action from the get go. Having see this the same day as the tsunami in Japan made me realize the film was fairly accurate. There are those that jump into action, some curl up in fear, and others naively stand around and watch. The military was mobile within minutes, and they too had no idea what they were facing as they fire shots at noises and flashes. As viewers, we were watching and waiting for quite some time without knowing what was happening or what the purpose of the film or military was supposed to be. The unknown carried “Battle: LA” for about an hour and a half.

We only learn in the last 30 minutes of the film that the aliens are seeking (liquid) H2O, and the half dozen Marines are all that stand between the downfall of the Earth and the aliens weakest link. Yes we get action which is what the crowd wanted and it was effective film making.

Tis a year for science fiction. And cliché films. We have seen a few and the year is still young. This is pure action and explosions and computer animation. Seen District IX, Independence Day, or Skyline??? Then you have seen this one too. Given that one of the highlighted quotes of the film was, “Staff Sgt., Get my men off this LA freeway…” was just too tacky, I can only give “Battle: Los Angles” 3 out of 5 Cyclones.

-Jeremy Brickner-
CycloneMovies.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1