HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

From Prada to Nada

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deptfng

PostSubject: From Prada to Nada   Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:25 pm

From Prada to Nada

“From Prada to Nada” is based on Jane Austen’s book Sense and Sensibility. The leads are movie sisters Camilla Belle as Nora Dominguez and Alexa Vega as Mary Dominguez. Others notables in the cast are Willmer Valderrama as Bruno and Adriana Barraza as Aurelia Jimenez. This adaptation is set in Los Angeles, CA.

The girls are set to celebrate their father’s birthday and during the preparation their father passes away from a heart attack. The girls are used to the affluent life with servants and pampering at all times at their family home. Nora is the much more centered and focused sister, while Mary is more outgoing and extroverted. Both had no idea their father was in such a financial hardship. They were also unaware they had a half-brother on their father’s side, Gabriel Dominguez Jr. played by Pablo Cruz. The girls’ new found sister-in-law, Olivia, is a savage when dealing with the estate, or lack of. The sisters are given the boot and end up with their aunt in East LA. The sisters become a hot commodity in the new community and struggle to adjust and comprehend what is expected of them. They ruin relationships and friendships, struggle with employment, and fight amongst themselves. The saga continues through love, marriage, home renovations, accidents, and the pursuit of happiness.

We are given a mediocre spin on Austen’s masterpiece. The girls put on more of a Romy and Michelle type act in the beginning, and the transition was done fairly well into the new lifestyle. There wasn’t much to remember about the acting in specific, but the entire crew did work well together and compliment each other. Viewers should be able to relate to the bad-boy image, the pretty-rich girl type, or the respectful family elders. The actors’ chemistry and cultural spin on the original book can be enjoyable for the crowd.

The movie is rated PG-13 for mild reasons and is an appropriate rating. If you enjoy movies such as Sense & Sensibility, Quinceañera or ‘Novellas,’ then this movie may settle well with you. I left the movie dissatisfied and caught a second film so I felt I got my money’s worth out of the trip to the theatre. “From Prada to Nada” will only earn a 1 out of 5 Cyclone rating.

-Jeremy Brickner
CycloneMovies.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile

From Prada to Nada
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1