Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Too many passes???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rycapps

PostSubject: Too many passes???   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 am

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like in the last couple of months, if you don't get to a screening 2 - 2 1/2 hours early, you don't get in. I understand the premise of overbooking to insure a full house, but turning away half the crowd seems harsh. Has the studios started releasing more tickets per screening?

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dfilts

PostSubject: Re: Too many passes???   Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 am

I second that. I got turned away for a few times. It particularly bothers me that there are always so many empty "RESERVED" seats in the middle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznvi3t916

PostSubject: Re: Too many passes???   Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:15 pm

dfilts wrote:
I second that. I got turned away for a few times. It particularly bothers me that there are always so many empty "RESERVED" seats in the middle.

~FYI~

The main goal of these advance screenings are not to give people a chance to go see the movie for free. The screenings give people who are sitting in those "RESERVED" seats the chance to see the movie before the general public so they can critique and potentially give a good review to convince more people to go to the theater. The movie reps do take comments from regular people to relay it to the studios for consideration, but the presses are their main target audiences for these things.

Rather than leaving the whole theater empty, the studio decided to open the screening to the public and help promote the movie as well. So next time if you are frustrated by seeing those empty seats, just remember, without them, we might not even have an advance screening to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Twitter.com/teehee908/
deptfng

PostSubject: Re: Too many passes???   Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:00 pm

that is correct...the screenings are for the media FIRST, the general public SECOND. I wont split hairs here. the studios generally overbook 15:1 (or more.) so for a large 340 seat theatre (minus the 40 reserved seats for guests and media) there are 4500 tickets given out +/-.

thanks to CycloneMovies.com, a lot of asses are put in to the available seats, COMPLIMENTARY! Jon and gang never sell seats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rycapps

PostSubject: Re: Too many passes???   Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:20 am

I completely understand that the screenings are so that movies can be seen by the press, and the non-paying public is second. I original post was more about the number of tickets given away. I can't leave my work until 5:00, so I'm usually in the middle of the line, one of the last to make it in (when I do). I see the reaction of the people that get turn away after standing in line for an hour. They leave the line, not thinking about the press reviewing the movie, but instead mad because the won a prize from a radio station, newspaper, online web site, etc... and don't get anything for it. You almost have to win twice to see the movie, once to get tickets, once to get in.

All I'm suggesting is slightly reduce the number of tickets given away for each screening so that more than 1/2 the line gets in. Instead of overselling by 15:1, make it 10:1.

Another idea to help the lines. At the point the line is starting to reach capacity, hand out
the tickets, or numbered cards. This will allow people to know if they aren't going to make it in as well as reduce line jumpers and people saving places. Stay in line, or don't get in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cleanzone

PostSubject: LINE JUMPERS DOES AFFECT IF ONE CAN GET IN OR NOT.   Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:36 am

We totally agree that line jumpers, which is very frequent DOES affect if one can get in or not.

There are so MANY line jumpers (i.e. one person will be in line and he/she will let 4, 6 or more people jump in). That's NOT FAIR.

Definitely needs the numbering system to be implemented so that line jumpers will really slow down and/or stop. In example, if you are number 10 and the next person is number 64 you know that person cut the line. You know Southwest Airlines does their numbering system, it works very well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cleanzone

PostSubject: LINE JUMPERS   Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:58 pm

In tonight's screening of Beastly, there was only one to two people who allowed line jumping.

The first one, is a regular attendee of screening (she's in early 30's, heavy set, wearing tight cloths most of the time, shoulder length black hair that's curly in pony tail.) She let about 4-5 people line jumped!
Most of the regulars--for sure--knows who this violator is!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cleanzone

PostSubject: Re: Too many passes???   Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:10 am

The line for Lincoln Lawyer was very organized last night.

Thanks to ALL those that emailed the theater because it did make a difference. The theater also slashed the line inside and prevented line cutting.

The tickets were handed out to those people that are ACTUALLY in line. If you were not in line, you get no ticket. One pass=ONE ticket per person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too many passes???   

Back to top Go down

Too many passes???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1