Cyclone Movies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Movies

Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wpbj22

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Empty
PostSubject: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief   Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Greetings to all,
Great movie. A fun adventure for the whole Family.
wpbj22
Back to top Go down
aznvi3t916

aznvi3t916

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief   Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:31 am

Too much of a kiddie story. I guess I’m getting too old, but not completely satisfy with the story. It’s unfortunate that they didn’t put some extra money toward writing a more intriguing script than straight copy a story written for 10 year-olds, all the while relying on special effects to keep the audiences entertain.

The plot flow so much like a hastily developed video game….a hero who is wrongly accused of a crime by the gods must now prove his innocent by traveling through the land, meeting new companions, learning new magical powers, collecting weapon, armor, maps, defeating mini-bosses and solving puzzles to gather the necessary items to complete quests and finally confronting the true villain. Those who played the game “God of War” should know what I’m talking about and understand why I’m unimpressed.

With a PG rating, this movie will keep the kids, and the kids-at-heart, entertain while parents can feel safe knowing that the kids won’t be exposed to too much violence all the while getting a nice lesson in Greek mythology.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Twitter.com/teehee908/
twistedsister

twistedsister

PostSubject: Percy Jackson & ....   Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:02 am

It's supposed to be a kid's movie made from a kid's book. You may have wanted a film appealing more to adults but you shouldn't expect it from the filmmakers. It is still a good action film for the whole family to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
aznvi3t916

aznvi3t916

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief   Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:23 am

Actually, I think your statement acurately describe the movie..."a kid movie made from a kid story."

I agree that I am critical coming to the theater mainly because if I have to pay to see a movie (aside from catching free screenings) then I want to be entertain on my level since I don't have the luxury of a remote to change the channel for the next 2-hr. Now if I take my kid to the movie, then I would expect them to be entertain. My reviews tend to be on a mature view point to give the mature audiences an idea of what the movie will be like. I encourage other memers to join in on the discussions or even post their own review since it would help others who were not fortunate enough to score a screening pass.

Still, my last statement did recommend the movie as for kids and anybody who has an extra $10 to go to the theater with no expectation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Twitter.com/teehee908/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief   Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Page 1 of 1