Cyclone Movies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Movies

Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sherlock Holmes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:48 am

The film is a ripoff of Angels & Demons. The big name stars do a lot of running around amongst elaborate sets and large explosions and cgi special effects. Should have spent more time making the characters more interesting instead of fabricating an illusion that the audience will never have a chance to deduce. Disappointing. It's mostly smoke and mirrors.
Back to top Go down
aznvi3t916

aznvi3t916

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:07 am

I think you're frustrated because the movie truly stick to the core of every Sherlock Holmes story. The mystery is always "thickens". The clues are always very obscure or are hardly revealed to the audiences/readers until the very end of the story when Holmes puts everything together.

I would be amazed if anybody in the theater was able to "see that the flame was a bit more red than usual".

I hope that the studio would deviate from a true Sherlock Holmes story a bit and make the clues more noticable for their next movie to keep the entertainment value up. After all, the main reason I watch a mystery movie is to try to solve it before the movie is over.

The break-down of a 1-on-1 fighting moves was a great idea to showcase the brilliance of Sherlock's mind.

It seems that Hollywood is starting to catch on with the style of keeping the main character raunchy/drunk/uncontrollable to keep the audiences concentrating on the movie to see what wild & crazy thing he would do next.....anybody smell a little hint of Jack Sparrow in there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Twitter.com/teehee908/

Sherlock Holmes
Page 1 of 1