Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Invictus review

Go down 
Cyclone VIP
Cyclone VIP

PostSubject: Invictus review   Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:33 am

It is shades of Million Dollar Baby and Grand Torino as Clint Eastwood retells the inspirational story of Nelson Mandela trying to unite a country with a game of rugby. Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon are outstanding. Mandela's great leadership and motivational skills along with his tremenous vision brings monumental change to a divided country.
cheers bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Invictus review   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:08 am

The movie has a Documentary feel to it so I think those who comes to the theater for excitements would find it a bit bored. The only exciting part was toward the end, at the Ruby World Cup playoff. Eventhough there were hints of potential assassination attempts & racial tensions between the black & white South Africans, I enjoyed the fact that there was no dark moment throughout the movie. It stick to its good nature, inspirational theme.

I thought Morgan Freeman did a great job portraying Nelson Mandela, down to his minor body movements. Can't say the same for Matt Damon. I kept hearing Damon's South African accent fazzing in-n-out between British & American. That got me a bit frustrated being that his parents had full British accent, but their kid had an American tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invictus review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cyclone Movies :: General Discussion :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: