Cyclone Movies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Movies

Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where the Wild Things Are

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aznvi3t916

aznvi3t916

Where the Wild Things Are Empty
PostSubject: Where the Wild Things Are   Where the Wild Things Are I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:05 am

This is basically a movie about a 9-yr old boy sorting out all of his misbehaviors and emotional tandrums through imaginary creatures. As we all know, it comes directly from the children's book written by Maurice Sendak in 1963. If you had never read the book, or like me, had read it as a child, but didn't really like it, then this movie wouldn't be entertaining to you. It's a bit boring sitting there watching a 10-ft stuff animal going through his emotional rollercoaster like a 5-yr old.

That's my opinion. Agree? Disagree? Write about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.Twitter.com/teehee908/
SacTwiFan
Cyclone VIP
Cyclone VIP
SacTwiFan

Where the Wild Things Are Empty
PostSubject: Where the Wild Things Are   Where the Wild Things Are I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 pm

I know I read the book as a child, but I have seen it again as an adult. I have to say the movie was disappointing and a bit heavy for children. As an adult I felt the movie was a drag, the only redeeming quality were the great costumes for the monsters.

This is a case of a book that should have never become a movie, it just didn't translate well.
Back to top Go down

Where the Wild Things Are
Page 1 of 1