Cyclone Movies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Movies

Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON

Go down 
+2
cleanzone
TahoeJoe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TahoeJoe

TahoeJoe

WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON Empty
PostSubject: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:11 am

No Joke!

I stopped by the Century theater on Arden on my lunch break and at noon there were ALREADY 25 PEOPLE IN LINE. If you are going to Transformers 3 tonight better be in line no later than 3:30pm!!!

What have these screening become? People are LITERALLY waiting over 7.5 hours in line for a 2 hour movie? confused

I asked the middle-aged couple (proudly wearing their BeeBuzz badge) at the front of the line what time they arrived, his response was early, when pressed what "early" meant he politely refused to specify.

This whole process is insane. What is someones time worth? Unless something changes these preview screening will be only for the unemployed and the homeless. No disrespect to the unemployed, but is this really the audience the Studio wants talking about there film? Does this narrow demographic really represent the movie going audience?
Back to top Go down
cleanzone

cleanzone

PostSubject: Severe Line Jumping   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 am

Severe line jumping at last night Transformers screening.

250 people did NOT get in and some were in line for 3 hours.

Studio reps MUST do something about line jumpers. Reporting those who line jumps to them just does not work. There are just way too many of them.

Passes should be:

Numbered as you get in line. First one in line is number one. When it's time to go in, call the group. First group to get in is one to fifty. Second group fifty one to 100 and son on.

OR

Group the passes. As you come in, your pass is marked "A" "B" etc by rep. In example if you are in line at 3 to 3:59 pm. You are Group A. If you are in line at 4 to 4:59 pm, you are Group B and so on.

The line jumping is out of hand. Felt sorry for those that stood in line for 3 hours and did not get in because tons line jumped in front of them and they could not do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 am

@TahoeJoe - i first heard of these dedicated movie goers at the "THOR" screening a few months ago. When i saw pictures of these people with TENTS, AIR MATTRESSES and heard they camped out since midnight; that's when i knew these movie screenings have forever changed. However, this is only a small group of people lining up early; i would estimate under 25. So lining up at 3:30-4:30 should still be okay.

@CleanZone - i have forwarded your message today.
Back to top Go down
Nooklin

PostSubject: Re: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:55 pm

A way to curb the line problem would be to hand out the little yellow tickets when we arrive. At the first screening I attended downtown, the box office had the little yellow tickets and as we arrived we went there and traded in our passes for tickets. 2 per person max/one per pass. This way we could go eat dinner and do some shopping before lining up for the movie. I thought that method was perfect. Not only did people know right away if there were not any more seats left, but we could spend money at the shops in the area to help keep Downtown Plaza alive. We were only lining up for a good seat. This method would also reduce the amount of line jumping, since at least one person from each couple must be present to get the passes. It won't be like one person arriving at 1pm and letting 15 people cut with them. I understand someone showing up and waiting for their spouse/guest to get there or thier kids to get out of school, so a 1:3 ratio is tolerable, but a 1:15 ratio is really bad.
Back to top Go down
rycapps

PostSubject: Re: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:50 pm

@Nooklin I have a huge problem with that. For those of us that don't work downtown, it's completely impossible to a movie when they give out tickets without lineing up. Downtown workers stop by Downtown Plaza, grab the passes and leave. I've left Citrus Heights right at 5, driven straight downtown, and found no line at the theater, but told that all tickets were given away. On several occasions, I was told that all tickets were exchanged by 5:10 when they started to give them out at 5.
Back to top Go down
Nooklin

PostSubject: Re: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 am

And I have gotten there by 4:30 for a 7:30 movie, waited in line for 2 hrs and not gotten in. (Fast 5) At least you did not have to wait for 2-3 hours to find out you would not get in. Lately, if you were to show up at 5:10, you would not get in anyway, with as many people who are showing up as early as they do, and holding spots for so many people. If I am not going to get in, I would rather find out when I get there, not after standing outside in the heat or the rain for hours, since the majority of theatres choose to not let us in (Downtown) or they do not have the room to let us in (Natomas). They will still validate your parking downtown and you have an opportnity to do something else with your night.

I work in North Highlands and I am never sure what time I will get off work. I understand the bind that those of us who work are in, however the hours that we work is not an issue that the studio or its partners can control. The unemployed and retired will always have an advantage over those of us that work at these kinds of events. By limiting the passes to 1 per pass(for individual gofobo coded passes)/2 per person and distributing them when we arrive, they can control the line jumping.

By giving out the tickets early, it gives us an opportunity to support the other businesses in the area before we wait in line for our seats and would prevent the kind of line jumping we currently see. It is a win-win.
Back to top Go down
Paul_D

PostSubject: Re: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Nooklin wrote:
A way to curb the line problem would be to hand out the little yellow tickets when we arrive..........ratio is really bad.

'Little yellow tickets’ you mean the actual tickets? If so, too many people would be duplicating gofobo passes. The theater does not have the scanner to scan the bar code on the gofobo passes. Only the screener has it.

Back in the good old days, about 2 yrs ago, at the Downtown Century an old woman, first in line, had like 30 passes and took a big chuck of the tickets. She then proceeded to call many of her friends to cut in line with her. Shortly after that and of course other instances of massive gofobo ticket cheating, they stopped giving out tickets until the screener arrived with the scanner.
Back to top Go down
cleanzone

cleanzone

PostSubject: Re: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 am

I agree that " By limiting the passes to 1 per pass(for individual gofobo coded passes)/2 per person and distributing them when we arrive, they can control the line jumping."

Right now, there is no system.

Another easy way to curve the massive line jumping is to distribute a colored card. One per person as he/she arrives. Only 50 colored card are distributed for each hour (of course, each hour will have a different colored card)

In example, if you are in line between 3 to 4 pm you get the green card. ONE CARD per person.

If you are in line between 4:01 pm to 5 p.m. you get the yellow card.

and so on.

Green card will be the first group to get in. Yellow card second group, etc. etc.

If the green card is called and you are a different color, you will need to go back to the line until that color is called on!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON   WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF? - 25 people in line at NOON
Page 1 of 1