Cyclone Movies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Movies

Your Source for Advanced Screenings in California

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mr. Popper's Penguins euthanized me.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deptfng

deptfng

Mr. Popper's Penguins euthanized me. Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Popper's Penguins euthanized me.   Mr. Popper's Penguins euthanized me. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 am

The movie was so dull the kids didn't even want to watch it. It fluctuated from boring and tacky to mildly entertaining at times. Being a Jim Carrey fan couldn't even persuade me to say I enjoyed the film. Parents gave a few courtesy laughs, I laughed twice, and the kids never even paid attention....they even got free tickets.

The book may be a better purchase than the movie tickets. Carrey does a less than savvy performance. The CGI and entire production was inadequate. The story played out like molasses on screen. The computer generated penguins were annoying and the real penguin was scarce. Dr. Doolittle would be rolling over in his grave at this film. The movie maybe better suited for a Thanksgiving release than a summer release. It is hard to pinpoint how to make this movie better or even what was enjoyable about it. It is comparable to watching the English Patient and just wanting your money and time back.

Skip it or take the kids and grandparents to see Kung Fu Panda 2 instead. Without much to appreciate, Mr. Popper's Penguins can only earn 1 out of 5 Cyclones.

-Jeremy Brickner

Just a Critic
Back to top Go down

Mr. Popper's Penguins euthanized me.
Page 1 of 1